Moringa seeds are obtained from the pods of the moringa tree (Moringa Oleifera) or drumstick tree. Fresh and raw moringa seeds are quite tender, but as soon as they get dried, they become hard and start resembling small beans. The grayish-white seeds with unique wing-like structures can be steamed, boiled or roasted for various purposes. Here we will discuss the awesome health, skin and hair benefits of the wonderful moringa oleifera seeds.
Benefits of Moringa Seeds for Health:
1. Like many other herbs, moringa seeds also offer great antioxidant benefits. They contain lots of vitamin A, C, B complex and other free radical busters that save our body from severe oxidative damages. In other words, the antioxidant properties of the seeds can help us take care of our health on the whole.
2. Scientists have proved that moringa seeds can reduce the amount of oxidized lipids in our body and take care of our cardiac health by safeguarding the heart tissues from constructional damages.
3. The anti-carcinogenic effects of moringa seeds are also quite well-known. They can stop the growth and development of cancer cells by accelerating their death count. According to researchers, intake of moringa seed powder for 3 consecutive weeks can restrain colon cancer successfully.
4. Moringa seeds contain plenty of zinc, which are essential for regulating the secretion of insulin hormone. As the production of insulin becomes normal, the levels of sugar also remain normal in our bloodstream. Hence, the extract of these seeds can be used as an effective anti-diabetic agent.
5. The anti-inflammatory properties of moringa seeds can curb down inflammation, reduce soreness and perk up the function of our physical joints in case of severe bone disorders like arthritis.
6. Being an excellent source of vitamin A, moringa seeds can strengthen our immune system, repair our mucus membrane and take optimal care of our eyes by keeping the vision intact.
7. Protein is one of the most essential nutrients that we need for proper functioning of our body. Moringa seeds are loaded with protein and hence, we can easily fulfill our daily requirement of amino acids by including the seeds in the powdered form in our diet.
8. Moringa seeds contain oleic acid, a monosaturated fatty acid that is highly beneficial for our health. Being a healthy source of fat, it can easily replace the high saturated animal fats found in our food items. It works as a ‘good cholesterol’ and keeps our cholesterol levels down. Moreover, it can prevent blood clot and help us keep severe cardiovascular diseases at bay.
9. Vitamin C content present in moringa seeds makes them an amazing immunity booster. From eliminating harmful free radicals to developing protection against infectious agents, they can do everything successfully.
10. Not only vitamins, but these seeds are also rich in vital minerals such as zinc, calcium, iron, magnesium, copper, and so on. Each of these play a unique role in ensuring complete wellness for us. Iron reduces the risk of anemia; calcium keeps our teeth and bone strong, while zinc facilitates the process of production of sperms (spermatogenesis).
Benefits of Moringa Seeds for Skin:
11. Vitamin A present in moringa seeds is extremely helpful in maintaining the integrity of our skin. Being an effective antioxidant, they save our skin cells from the harmful effects of free radicals and keep them healthy. Vitamin A also promotes the collagen formation and enhances the firmness of our skin, so that we can fight against premature ageing (wrinkles, sagging, etc.).
12. The oil extracted from moringa seeds can be used as natural moisturizer. It nourishes our skin and makes it healthy as well as glowing.
13. Moringa seeds are widely used to make skin care products. The oil extracted from them can help us make our face free from acne, pimples, blackheads, black spots, etc. Consequently, we get clearer and brighter skin.
Benefits of Moringa Seeds for Hair:
14. The antioxidant properties of moringa seeds benefits our hair too, as they can keep our internal system healthy and take care of the overall health of our tresses. The antioxidant vitamin C can improve the circulation of blood throughout our scalp, which stimulates our hair follicles and helps them absorb more nutrients. As a result, our hair becomes nourished and strong.
15. Vitamin A and zinc present in moringa seeds are known to promote our hair growth considerably. Vitamin A takes care of our scalp and hair tissues by nourishing, repairing and maintaining them in a proper way, while zinc boosts our immune system and keeps the sebaceous glands on our scalp unclogged at the same time. Thus, both of these nutrients can accelerate the growth of our hair effectively.